Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cookies!

I'm excited! This is my first ICLW and I'm looking forward to making some new bloggy friends. Welcome to my very new little blog.  This post gives a brief summary of where we are right now in our IF adventures. We are only a couple weeks away from our next round of IVF and just trying to enjoy the holidays in the meantime.

In other news, I have been busy making cookies and other holiday deliciousness with my mother-in-law. She has been making the same cookies at christmas since SH was little. It's not really christmas for him without his mom's cookies and he really wants me to learn how to make them so I can carry on the tradition one day (although, I have been told that even though I am learning how to make them, he doesn't want me to make them myself until his mom is gone). So this year we came to visit early enough that I was able to help make the cookies instead of just sit around and eat them.  It's a good thing I really like baking. Baking has actually been a huge distraction for me over this year of fertility treatments. Not very good for my waistline, but it's been great for my sanity.

Here is what we have made so far:


I think we still have one more batch of cookies and a grasshopper pie left to make. Keep in mind there are only 7 of us here to eat them. If anyone needs me, I will be the one in the corner passed out in a sugar coma.



18 comments:

  1. looks yummy!! I love Christmas baking. My hubby is the same, he loves certain things my Mom makes for him, but as of right now he only wants her to make them for him. Men, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Are those ginger cookies I spy there? My grandmother always had ginger cookies at Christmas and I totally crave them! Although I found a recipe on a food blog for gingerbread truffles that I may just have to make instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, those are ginger cookies and they are so delicious. Those are my husband's absolute favorite and the ones he most wants me to know how to make.

      Delete
  3. Those look delicious!!! I love ginger cookies. Don't worry about your waistline - you'll be pregnant soon (which is what I tell myself while I'm eating christmas cookie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those look so yummy! Nice to meet you :) Visiting from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!! That looks a lot what I normally do every year: tons of sweets and not so many people to eat them. But I just can't help myself. I've toned it down a bit this year, for lack of time. Maybe next year. :) Share any recipes that you'd like, I'm always looking for new recipes. (And I htink I'll share a few of the ones I've made this year.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea. I'll definitely try to do some recipe posts. I'll be looking for yours, as well.

      Delete
  6. Hi from ICLW, this is also my first time participating and am hopping to pick up some more followers. Will be cheering for you as you take the next steps. I can also share stories about trying to have sex while your parents are visiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I need all the cheerleaders I can get. yay for new blog friends :)

      Delete
  7. Visiting from ICLW. Hope you're having a great holiday. Your desserts look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. visiting from iclw. i am new to blogging to and am waiting to start my 5th ivf cycle. hang in there! we have no answers and all testing has been normal but from what i hear persistence is the key. love your goodies..baking is so muc fun around the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're right. We've tried everything else, persistence is all we have left. Good luck to you. It's so difficult going through multiple rounds of ivf.

      Delete
  9. Here visiting from ICLW. I'm dubbing 2013 as the year of new beginnings. Praying it's your new beginning as well. Third time definitely is a charm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it! I am definitely expecting better things in 2013.

      Delete
  10. Visiting from ICLW. Happy holidays - all those treats are definitely making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry to hear about your hard road. I hope things come together for you soon. The cookies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete