Friday, January 18, 2013

Liebster!

Kimberly from No Good Eggs  and Julia from Finding a Way out of IF nominated me for a Liebster.  Thanks, ladies!
Here's what it is all about: 
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow…
  • Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves
  • Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
  • Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
  • They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
  • Bloggers must be notified of their award!
  • No tag backs!
 11 things about me:
  1. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
  2. I am a little OCD about wrinkles. I have to iron all my clothes before I wear them. I don't care about wrinkles I get during the day but I have to start out wrinkle-free.
  3. My dog is so anxious she has to be on prozac. She is also terrified of children.
  4. I don't like my name. Jennifer is the most popular name of my generation. There's too many of us.
  5. I lost my virginity to a man twice my age. (No need to alert the authorities - I was a consenting participant)
  6. I am an only child and always wanted a sibling. I still feel like I missed out on something. I really want more than one child and am afraid IF has ruined that for me.
  7. I am a huge procrastinator. 
  8. I have terrible vision. I can't see anything without my contacts or glasses, but I refuse to get lasik. I am terrified I will be that small percentage of people where something goes wrong.
  9. I studied abroad in Cambridge, England for a semester during college.
  10. I love Disneyland. SH and I have had annual passes for years. Sometimes we go just for lunch and to people watch.
  11. I have been swimming with dolphins twice.
It's too much for me to answer (and for you to read) all 22 questions so I am just going to pick a few from each person who nominated me:
Questions from Julia:
Do you share your blog with people you know in real life? Nope. SH is the only one who knows about it.
Do you remember your dreams? If so, what was the last one you remember having? I do remember them sometimes. I can't remember a specific dream but I dream a lot about searching for things. Frantic searches.
If money was no object, where would you travel to next? China
What is your best childhood memory? Not necessarily the best, but a good one...Saving up my money to finally buy this awful pink, frilly bedding for my canopy bed because my mom wouldn't buy it for me. I loved it so much.
Best gift that was ever given to you? SH gave me a trip to Paris for my 30th birthday.
What do you like most about blogging? Connecting with other people who actually get what I am going through.
Questions from Kimberly:   
What one quality can you just not stand in other people? Just one? I'll go with being inconsiderate.
What is your favorite room in your home? Living room. Comfy couch and big TV.
What is the best meal you have ever had? I have eaten some amazing meals in amazing restaurants, but probably the best would be crepes from a street cart in Paris or enchiladas from a hole in the wall restaurant in mexico.
Pick one for the rest of your life: movies or TV shows? So hard but I think TV shows have the edge. So horrible to say since I work in movies and SH wants to make them.
If you start a book and don’t like it, do you finish it or ditch it? Ditch it.
How did your parents choose your name?  It was the only name they could agree on.
My questions to you:
  1. What's your biggest guilty pleasure?
  2. Snacks...salty or sweet?
  3. What's your favorite book?
  4. How did you meet your spouse?
  5. What's the scariest thing you've ever done?
  6. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
  7. Do you have any hobbies?
  8. Do you prefer the city or the country?
  9. What is the farthest place you have ever traveled to?
  10. Do you have pets?
  11. What was your first job?
Bloggers I nominate:
I think most of these bloggers have been nominated already so I won't be offended if you don't answer my questions. Some may not be totally new, but still new-ish. I also couldn't find 11. I know they are out there...I just haven't gotten to them.
  1. Aramis at http://infertilesmurf.blogspot.ca/
  2. Amber at http://oldladynobaby.blogspot.com/
  3. http://findingthepeacetothepuzzle.blogspot.com/
  4. Mia at http://gypsymamasjourney.blogspot.com/
  5. http://mybrokenoven.wordpress.com/
  6. jAllen at http://minetocommand.blogspot.com/
  7. Luna at http://themoononastickplease.blogspot.com/
  8. Vanessa at http://yeahscienceblog.com/
  9. http://idioticinfertility.wordpress.com/

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for including me! I can't believe how much we have in common. I'm nearly blind, also an only child who irons everything and my cat is on anti-depressants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for participating!! Learned something we have in common: annual passes! But ours are to Disney World and unfortunately we can't go for lunch since we live in the Midwest :-( Went three times last year though! I told B we can't go again until we are expecting - its just too hard to be at Magic Kingdom without a baby right now

    Thanks again for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jen for the nomination. I absolutely feel like a moron that I cannot figure out how to get the Leibster button on my page though. Can you help me with this? Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi from ICLW. Interesting information about you. I usually remember my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi from ICLW! Congrats on your nominations!

    ReplyDelete