Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sigh of relief

I had an ultrasound this morning to make sure I am responding to the drugs and don't have a lead follicle. Good news! I have 7 follies all growing at roughly the same rate. This is by far the best I have ever done. I still have a long road ahead and don't want to get ahead of myself (because anything can still happen), but this is a really great start. So happy with my ovaries for paying attention and responding to the drugs. At this point, they can't really be trusted to always do that. This makes me a little more positive about this cycle. Cautiously positive.

I am especially relieved to get good news today because I am going to a baby shower this afternoon. It could possibly be the worst idea ever for a woman pumped full of fertility drugs to go to a baby shower, but I am actually feeling okay about it. For now. I am currently trying to come up with an excuse if I need to leave early. The baby shower is for my cousin (my third cousin to have a baby just in the last year. ugh.) and my aunt who is hosting the shower is fully aware of our IF and what we have been dealing with. She knows because she was never able to have children herself so I have felt comfortable talking to her about it even though the rest of my extended family doesn't know. So if I need to leave quietly out of a side door unnoticed, she'll understand. Thankfully, it's a co-ed shower so SH will be there with me. Much to his disappointment. Hey, why should I be the only one who has to suffer through stupid games and oohing and aahing over tiny clothes?

11 comments:

  1. Yay! That is GREAT news!! Especially that they are all growing at the same rate. SSSOOOO happy for you right now!

    Good luck with the baby shower. I think that is great that SH has to go with you :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you. looking forward to more posts and growth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're off to a good start! Positivity is hard, but good news helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are feeling more positive and that you are responding well. The optimism definitely comes back as things progress. I couldn't get into it last cycle until I saw our little embryos we were going to transfer and then it all changed. Hoping things continue to progress well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed everything works out for you!

    Co-ed baby showers....ugh.....what straight man would ever want to go and who came up with such a stupid idea? Like you said, good for some co-ed torture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting! Hope those follicles continue growing well! Let us know how the shower was - you are brave and very kind for going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 7 growing at the same rate, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you're doing great!

    Good luck with the shower - I don't know if I'd be able to approach it with as good an attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting!

    I have a baby shower for my cousin next weekend. Apparently it is just assumed I will go. I love my cousin and she is very supportive of our IF, but all the relatives are fully aware of everything we are going through, and yet, no one has asked me how I feel and if I am going. I just AM. It just makes you want to scream sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're brave! I hate baby showers, but that was even before I tried to become a mother myself. 'All the oohing and aahing' is right...It all feels too Stepford Wives for me.

    So happy that your follies are being so cooperative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great news about your follicles! I hope they continue to flourish all at the same rate. :-)

    ReplyDelete