Thursday, February 7, 2013

Trigger happy

I had my last monitoring appointment this morning and my eggs are ripe and ready to go. I trigger tonight and retrieval is bright and early Saturday morning. They only measured 5 follicles today so we'll see how many I end up with. I had the tech who doesn't search quite as hard for any that might be hiding.  I looked back at my last cycle and at my last monitoring appointment I only had 4 follicles but they got 5 eggs.  Hopefully, some are just being camera shy.

I am still feeling pretty emotionally numb and I think, for now, that's ok. I want to avoid being on too much of an emotional roller coaster and this seems to be my way of doing that.  My goal for this cycle has been to be more relaxed. Physically, I am able to do that. I am an expert at laying around and relaxing. Mentally is a whole different ball game. I cannot turn my brain off. Or even slow it down. I think that's why I haven't been posting much. My mind has been racing and I can't seem to organize my thoughts and concentrate on one thing. I have been listening to the Circle Bloom IVF meditation program but it hasn't been going so well. Each segment is only about 15 minutes long and I have yet to make it through without my mind totally wandering to something else or falling asleep. Sometimes I'll even rewind and start over and I just can't focus. I'll keep at it, though.  Maybe I'll get the hang of it eventually.

In the meantime, I am going to schedule a massage for the time between retrieval and transfer. I have books I can read during the 2WW. I still have a couple movies to see before the Oscars. Distraction is going to be my best friend in the coming weeks.





12 comments:

  1. It's here! It's time! Excited to hear how everything goes for you. I totally understand what you mean about not being able to shut off your mind. I was like that with our last cycle and then when I did get pregnant I couldn't sleep at all because my mind was always racing with something!! Good job trying to stay relaxed. Good luck on Saturday! Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking good positive ths for you. keep us posted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping retrieval goes well and that you get a good bunch of eggs. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to the thinking/wondering/worrying 24/7. It's so hard to keep the mind under control. Good job in trying to relax.
    I wish you the best on Saturday. I hope they get those 5 and maybe and extra one or two that might be hiding. This is a very exciting time and I think the massage is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, my mind totally runs away with me too. I've read tons about the benefits of meditation but I just can't get my brain to settle down. I hope you can find some serenity! Best of luck with the retrieval on Saturday, I hope they go on a full-out egg hunt and track down every last one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it seems like this part of the process went quick. Make sure the tech twists and turns the wand to shake every possible follicle out. No stragglers left behind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So exciting! I hope that your retrieval goes great! Thnanks for posting about that podcast- I will have to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck good luck good luck!!!! I will be thinking of you and crossing all my fingers and toes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, it's time already! best of luck for retrieval tomorrow and I hope the recovery is not too bad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have everything crossed for you!! I hope you manage to perfect those mental relaxation techniques (I'm pretty useless at meditation myself these days), and enjoy your massage and general lounging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo, it's all happening tomorrow! And really, the 2ww is more like a 1ww if you're taking an HPT, so it shouldn't be AS horrible to get through (although I'm currently 4dp5dt and going mental, so don't listen to me). Fingers crossed you get 5 perfectly mature eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fingers and toes all crossed! Can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete