Saturday, March 9, 2013

I have all of the symptoms

All of them. I actually feel like crap. On the plus side, it's super reassuring that (hopefully) something is still happening in my uterus.  I wouldn't say that I feel pregnant, but I definitely don't feel like my normal self. Nausea has really kicked in this week and that's probably the hardest one to deal with. Strangely, I fluctuate between nauseous and starving so eating has definitely been a challenge. The only food that sounds remotely good to eat is fruit and anything involving melted cheese (mac 'n cheese, grilled cheese, quesadillas). Despite all that, I have had a pretty busy week and it has gone by surprisingly fast. I just have to get through the weekend and my ultrasound is bright and early Monday morning!

Somehow, I managed to make it through 3(!) job interviews this week. I have trouble being outgoing and charming in an interview in the best of circumstances, so trying it while nauseous made it extra challenging. I think I did ok. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if anyone calls me back.  I also volunteered at a couple of Planned Parenthood events this week. One was a fundraiser and I had the job of greeting guests outside, directing them to check-in and around the protesters. I basically spent two hours standing next to (and trying to ignore) pro-life/anti-choice protesters carrying giant pictures of aborted fetuses. Yeah, that was good times right there. This was the first time I have encountered the protesters since I started volunteering with Planned Parenthood. It is REALLY hard to not respond to them but the official policy is non-engagement. I have so many things I want to say but in the end it's not worth it. I am not going to change their minds and I would just get myself all worked up.

I am still in a bit of disbelief that this is happening. I think all the nausea has started to make it seem a little more real, though. It also makes me not worry so much about not seeing a heartbeat.  That may be a bit naive. Especially for an infertile who has never exactly been optimistic. Don't get me wrong, I am still really anxious and excited and nervous and scared about this ultrasound but I also feel a little like things might actually be ok for once. And that is definitely a new feeling for me.

13 comments:

  1. I hope you get call backs for the interviews!

    Good for you for volunteering. We didn't have a PP in my home town and nearest one was 3,5 hours away. I like to think I would have volunteered if it was closer, they are a good organization.

    Many small meals/snacks might help with the nausea. I thankfully hardly had any, but the itty bit I did helped with eating small bits often, even when nothing sounded good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to write that I am sorry you are having lots of nausea, but I am also so dang happy for you! At least you know something is going on in there! I'm impressed that you were able to make it through 3 interviews. That had to be tough. I hope that you get call backs, and will have your pick btw jobs. That would have been super hard to ignore the protesters. Again, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And I can of wait until Monday! I'm sure you are pretty anxious to find out how many babies are in there :)

      Delete
  3. First off, it's good that at least you can stomach fruit! That's something healthy...my sis couldn't keep anything except Doritos down for the first trimester, which isn't exactly nutritious. As for the optimism, I think you're entitled to it! It's not like you've suffered repeated losses (thank goodness). You have no reason to suspect there's a problem right now, so why create drama for yourself by worrying? Can't wait for your update on Monday! Who is starting the betting pool as to how many are in there? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your job interviews (number three comes up again) I know that was another goal for the new year. Sorry your symptoms are so pervasive, even while providing reasurrance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Since so much was centred on the number 3. My money is on triplets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with aramis. no reason to not be anything but optimistic at this point. i am very happy for you and i am voting that you have a lucky 3!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you for Monday..... And I totally agree with Amber, I'm sorry you've been nauseous but I'm so happy for you that you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for one, am happy your are nauseous. :) And getting through 3 job interviews is awesome!

    Good for you for volunteering. I actually would love to volunteer there. Right now I am volunteering for a domestic abuse shelter and I go on-call so that when there is a reported sexual or domestic violence victim at the hospital, I go there to be a support for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to hear your update tomorrow! Yay for the job interviews, fingers crossed you get what you're looking for! I'm glad the nausea is helping you feel optimistic, you have every reason to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that must have been really hard to be next to those protesters! I have seen them a couple times before and it always amazes me that people can be like that... I even saw a Mom with little kids protesting and she had her kids holding signs too!!

    Can't wait to read your updates and find out how many you've got in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything sounds promising! I can't wait to find out how many babies you are cooking in there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw, man, I am actually jealous of your nausea! Also, that must be pretty intense having to negotiate anti-choice protesters as you get increasingly preggo yourself... hoping your ultrasound goes perfect today -- update as soon as you can!

    ReplyDelete