Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Update

I'm alive! Sorry I have been a little absent from the blog world lately. I have had a hard time keeping up over the last week because reading and looking at my computer were making me feel more nauseous. I'm feeling a little better today so I have been able to catch up on all of your posts. Phew. That is a lot of reading. It's also been frustrating because I feel like there is so much I want to research right now and I just can't. I am lost without Dr. Google!

I had my 2nd ultrasound yesterday and it went great. I still didn't get specifics, but I asked if they were growing properly and if everything was progressing and Dr. N said that everything looks great. We heard the heartbeats again and it was music to my ears. They want to see me again in 2 weeks when I will be 9w2d (seriously. still so surreal) I have to continue the PIO shots every day this week then every other day next week and hopefully I'll be able to stop after that. I'm not really sure when they plan on releasing me to an OBGYN. My clinic tends not to give me an overall picture of what's happening, they just give me one step at a time.

Dr. N wants me to start increasing my activity level but that is much easier said than done.  Some days I feel like even going to a movie is too much effort. While I am truly grateful for the reason I feel like crap, I also feel like infertiles should get a free pass on nausea and food aversions. It only seems fair. I did get a prescription anti-nausea medication that has helped keep the nausea at a more tolerable level, thankfully. I am also able to keep all my food down so I do realize it could be worse. SH joked that I am only eating from the kids menu now - grilled cheese, mac & cheese, spaghetti - but he has been great at taking care of me. He goes to the grocery store since I just can't handle it right now. He makes all my kid-friendly meals for me. He has been amazing.

Fun Fact: I think I have mentioned before that SH is an identical twin. I just learned that his mom found out she was having twins with an x-ray! The doctor thought he heard more than one heartbeat so did an x-ray. Then she went out with her husband to celebrate by having a couple cocktails. They told the bartender they just found out they were expecting twins so he made her a special drink. Times sure have changed.

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Time sure have changed :) I like that you're doctor's office just has you take one step at a time. I hope it helps you to just focus on things as they come and as they happen. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! I feel like I've been living on grilled cheese too, that's funny. So you get to drop down to PIO every other day? That gives me a lot of hope for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your little ones are still doing so well. I hope your nausea gets better soon. So not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! things are different! sorry you arent feeling awesome. I agree with our idea! we should get a free pass from all those ansty symptoms! havent we been through enough already!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha!!! YES! My friend is a twin too and has a photo of the x-ray framed!! times have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are feeling so ugh. Glad that SH has stepped up! If we ever got to the point that M had to do the grocery shopping, we'd be living on kids' food too but for different reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SH sounds like a great guy. Good for him doing the grocery shopping and cooking all those kid meals! He's just getting extra practice right now because there will be lots more kid meals in the future! Sorry you aren't feeling well, but I am so incredibly happy to hear the u/s appointment went great. When is your next appointment?

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mom also found out via x-ray that she was having twins... Only a week before we were born!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha you are right, times sure have changed!! We were just talking about that the other day, how our Moms drank a little and smoked while pregnant. I am just so happy for you, and I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete