Thursday, December 12, 2013

Blogiversary

Last week was my 1 year blogiversary.

It seems appropriate that I am posting about this a week late. That's how I operate with this blog. I am not a writer and I have a hard time opening up to people - even anonymously on the internet. I was/am constantly thinking of things to write about and spend a lot of time composing blog posts in my head. And then they never happen. Or they happen weeks later. I have good intentions and somehow just never get around to writing out more than the title of the post. Sigh. It's the procrastinator in me.

Despite that, I am so happy I started this blog and found all of you. I only wish I had started it sooner! I could have really used you guys during my first two rounds on IVF. It took me a while to get into reading blogs, actually. It seemed like at first, every new blog I found had just gotten a BFP or was going in for their first ultrasound. That was, of course, great news and very hopeful, but it wasn't where I was at in my journey.  Then I finally started finding people who were in the same place I was and had the same problems I did. I wanted to talk to all of you because I finally found people who got it. The only way to do that was to start my own blog. So here I am. And I actually have followers. What? I am more surprised than anyone that there are people - strangers! -who are actually interested in what I have to say. It baffles me, to be honest. Thanks to all of you who continue to read my babbling and for all your comments. I appreciate them more than you can know.

I'm still in a little bit of shock at how different my life is one year later. It is, of course, what I was wishing for but didn't really believe would happen. I had essentially given up hope. And then to be blessed with two? It still feels very surreal. I don't know what's going to happen to this blog. I don't really think I have it in me to be a mommy blogger. At the same time, I don't want to leave this space just yet. I am too invested in all of you and your stories and I want to see you all be successful. So, for now I'll continue to write the occasional post and share the occasional baby picture. I'll definitely be reading all of your blogs and commenting when I can.

Cheers!


10 comments:

  1. Happy Bloiversary! It's amazing what can change in a year, huh? I like to think that stuff like that can be a nice reminder when people are in the throes of struggle with this whole journey.
    Like you, I was already well advanced in my journey before I started blogging myself, and really, it has made all the difference. I've enjoyed following you and though I can totally understand stepping back, I'll be checking in whenever you have something to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! So glad you started blogging and will continue to check in with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I think you should keep posting pictures and blogs. It helps us remember that the stage we are at now, won't always remain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! I am so glad you started blogging and that we found each other. I don't think I have it in me to be a Mommy blogger either, but I'm glad you still plan to pop in from time to time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogiversary!! This community has been a lifesaver for me, and I'm so happy you also found it when you needed it. I'm sure the fact that your story has a happy ending gives hope to anyone who might come across it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogiversary! I know as a fellow DOR blogger that your story has given me a lot of hope, and no matter what you do with this space others will find it and know that there is a happy outcome to be had. I'm so glad to have "met" you this way and am glad that you're going to stick around a while longer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog Anniversary! I was a newbie blogger and I was so happy when I found your blog! It's been fun following you this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you joined the blogging world and am glad to hear you plan to continue poplin in occasionally. As I'm about to enter the twin mommy world, I do look for advice/info form others who have gone before me. I understand maybe not wanting to be a mommy blogger, but I do enjoy whatever you choose to share with us. I'm thankful for our "friendship!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so so glad you started blogging my friend. So thankful for you!!!! Happy blogiversary and happy you aren't checking out on us just yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jen, NOOOOO! ;)

    I was also new when I found you. I think we started around the same time, actually. I look forward to your words and, holy cow, your comments are so personal and lovely and encouraging. I would be so sad if you left this space. It isn't so much about the blog, though, as it is to have you as part of this community (or at least, part of what it has been for me). But I also completely get it. I'm with you. I struggle to think of what to write. I'm a procrastinator about it. I write out titles and think about topics and get excited about all of the things I want to say, and then a week goes by and then another and then it feels like old news.

    I am so happy for you and SH that you have your girls (and they have you). And now that I am following in your footsteps with two, I have thought of you daily and wondered how you are doing and whatisitlike and willitbelikethatforme.

    Bottom line, my friend, is that I'm so happy for you. Happy Blogoversary!! And going forward, do with this space what is best for you. If blogging adds one more thing to feel bad about not having gotten done this week, forget it. Just know we'll still be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete