Friday, March 7, 2014

Damn you, Angelina Jolie!

I go back and forth with how I feel about my post-pregnancy body. Some days I feel pretty good that I am only a few pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight. Other days I feel like this pudgy muffin top has taken up permanent residence and I should just resign myself to a life of loose, flowy tops.

A little over a month ago, I finally started exercising again and I was getting into a good routine. I was feeling good and thought I was starting to see some improvement. Then I went back to work and it's all gone to hell. It's hard to find the time or energy to workout during the week (and I am fully aware that if I exercised I would have more energy).  I managed to get up once to exercise before work. I even bought  a Jullian Michaels DVD because the workouts are only 24 minutes. It's hard to make excuses when it's only 24 minutes and yet I still make them.  I am managing to go to  Stroller Strides on Saturdays at least.  I get to take the babies and they usually sleep so I do actually get a workout.

Today was one of those days where I don't really care about the pudge or even  think its possible to get back in shape.  Then when I was walking back to my office from lunch I saw Angelina Jolie.  For some reason, it hit me right as I saw her that she had twins.

Fuck.

It is possible.

I'm back to being motivated. 40 is just a few months away and I would like to go into it feeling good about myself.  I would like to fit into all of my old clothes again. I can do this!

10 comments:

  1. Let's not forget that Angelina has millions of dollars and it's her day to day JOB to look a certain way, so she can hire people to cook and take care of her kids and craft her workout plan. A far cry from the regular everyday resources of normal moms! I would also hazard a guess that she is VERY hungry a lot of the time. While I'm happy you found motivation, please don't compare yourself to the unattainable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember that Angelina Jolie's JOB is to look good- it sounds like you're doing a great job! You'll get there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impossible to compare regular people and celebrities. If you had a personal trainer and millions of dollars and nannies and nothing but endless amounts of times to get back in shape, yeah, I'd think you'd bounce back pretty quickly (which does cause me to question the celebrities who do not bounce back - what gives?). Plus, it's part genetics...I see so many women who are legit all belly and it makes me hate them a little. I gained ALL OVER. But it's ok, because it sounds like you're doing great - a few pounds over pre-pregnancy weight sounds unattainable to me at this point, and I'm only carrying one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the other comments- AJ has a ridiculous number of people that are doing everything for her....but if she is what gets you motivated, then go for it! We'll be here to cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impossible to compare! She has soooo much help plus she has emotional issues, did you read Bratt Pitt's letter. Do not worry, you are so tiny, and you've just had twins!! Give it a little bit of time.
    And when I am seeing you???????????

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could be skinny if I had an awesome cook that made wonderful low fat, healthy meals. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot that you live in LA and you really did see her! Magazines will touch up every possible flaw... she may look great in person, but I'm sure she has effects from her pregnancy whilst naked...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh, the muffin top. Sigh. I'm also still packing the big butt and thighs. I wish I could run into a celebrity for some motivation! Ha! Truly, I barely find any extra time myself and I'm not back to work. I don't know how you do it. Hopefully you still have this extra AJ motivation!

    ReplyDelete