Wednesday, September 17, 2014

One

Happy 1st birthday to my beautiful girls. 







In some ways, I can't believe it's been a year already. In others, it feels like a lifetime ago that I was heading into my 3rd IVF and getting that first ever positive pregnancy test. Pregnancy is a weird, vague memory that almost doesn't feel real. It's hard to believe that a year ago today I was having an emergency c-section thanks to pre-eclampsia. You wouldn't know by looking at these perfectly healthy, happy babies that for the first 10 days of their life they were hooked up to all sorts of tubes and machines and that we had to leave the hospital without them. It's been a roller coaster, that's for sure. The first few months are a blur and taking care of two infants has been incredibly hard, so hard, but also so amazing. I love watching them discover the world around them. I love watching them figure out how their bodies work. Their faces light up when I go into their room in the morning to get them up or when I get home from work and it makes my (cold, cynical) heart melt. These two tiny humans have changed my life. They have changed me.

13 comments:

  1. Happy birthday girlies! I can't believe it's been a year either. They're such cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your girls. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Paige and Riley! Thanks for sharing your experiences Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy birthday! Times two!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday little ladies! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at them standing so well by themselves! Amazing! Happy Birthday Paige and Riley!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to them! They are just too cute.

    Seriously can't believe a year has gone by already...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to your sweet girls! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. So amazing that they are one!!! Happy (late) Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that these girls are healing your brokenness from infertility. Happy birthday sweet babes!

    ReplyDelete