Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Two degrees of separation

This morning a friend (friend seems generous. former co-worker is more accurate) messaged me to tell me that a few weeks ago she met a woman at some sort of running festival/event and became FB friends with her. She has since discovered that this woman is the first IVF baby born in the US (or test tube baby as I remember the news calling it back then).  She was the 15th IVF baby in the world. Of course, she thought to tell me since I am probably the only person she knows who has gone through IVF. It is a little weird that, after having two IVF babies, the first IVF baby is now the friend of a friend. My friend says this woman, who is now 32,  is very open about the whole thing and attends various IVF "events" to support IVF and try to take away any negative stigma attached to it. I love that.

That's my little fun and random fact for today.


5 comments:

  1. Wow! It's so crazy how things like this happen. Such a random coincidence that she met this woman, and then felt compelled to share it with you. Very cool that she attends these events and supports IVF as she does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool. I love that she's involved in bringing awareness to ART, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Small world, my good friend went to college with her. We are from MA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that too! So cool when people speak out because they have a tie to something that affects so many.

    ReplyDelete